Posted on October 22, 2012 by unitedwaybartow
When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.
-Norman Vincent Peale
Filed under: Local happenings, Uncategorized | Tagged: Bartow County, Bartow Live United | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 17, 2012 by unitedwaybartow
United Way Worldwide Vision
United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
Imagine a world that fosters hope and opportunity for everyone…
- Where all children receive a quality education that offers a pathway to a brighter tomorrow
- Where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, and productive livelihoods begin for even the most disadvantaged
- Where everyone receives effective health care that improves quality of life
- Where communities not only set significant and measurable goals to advance these fundamental elements of human development, but achieve them
United Way Worldwide Mission
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good.
To do this we will:
- Ignite a worldwide social movement, and thereby mobilize millions to action – to give, advocate and volunteer to improve the conditions in which they live
- Galvanize and connect all sector of society – individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and governments – to create long-term social change that produces healthy, well-educated and financially-stable individuals and families
- Raise, invest and leverage billions of funds annually in philanthropic contributions to create and support innovative programs and approaches to generate sustained impact in local communities
- Hold ourselves accountable to this cause through our steadfast commitment to continually measure – in real terms – improvement in education, income and health
TO GET INVOLVED CALL YOUR LOCAL UNITED WAY!!!
Filed under: Local happenings, UW | Tagged: 2012 campaign, Bartow County, Bartow Live United | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 16, 2012 by unitedwaybartow
Interested in helping a family at Christmas this year? Here are some ways you can bring joy to a family during the holiday season!
The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree registration will be October 25-26, 2012 from 9am to Noon at The Salvation Army, 16 Felton Place Cartersville. The Salvation Army facilitates Christmas Assistance for Bartow County children ages 12 and younger. Parents must bring a valid photo I.D. and two forms of current, valid identification for each parent/guardian AND child. For more information, contact 770-386-6256. Please see attach flier and share it with your clients and families.
Bartow Christmas Coalition registration will be November 2, 2012 from 9:00am-7:00pm @ The Church at Liberty Square Cartersville The Bartow Christmas Coalition is a community project striving to assist needy Bartow County families during the holiday season. Parents are required to provide a valid photo I.D., validation of address (utility bill, mortgage payment), social security card of everyone in home (or tax returns verifying social security number), and proof of household income. For more information contact 770.386.3399 or visit 222.bartowchristmas.org.
UNITED WAY OF BARTOW COUNTY ADOPT A FAMILY: If you are someone who would like to adopt a family at Christmas or may need help during the holidays, PLEASE contact United Way at 770-386-1677.
WISHING EVERYONE A BLESSED HOLIDAY SEASON!
Filed under: News | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 15, 2012 by unitedwaybartow
2012 Turkey Trot Flyer
The annual Turkey Trot for the United Way of Bartow County is coming soon. You can register today. Just print out the form by clicking onthe link to the flyer and you are on your way to reserving you place for this chip-timed run.
Filed under: Headlines, United Way Event | Tagged: 5K, Gerdau, Harbin Clinic, race, Toyo Tires, Turkey Trot, WBHF | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 4, 2012 by unitedwaybartow
October Needs List
Pledges!! Pledges help us better plan our income & expenses for the year.
However, occasional giving is always welcome!!
Ranch salad dressing
Peanut butter & Jelly
Dish rags & towels
Dish soap, Pine-sol
Napkins, paper towels
Styrofoam plates & cups
Zip-loc bags (gal. size &
Garbage bags (13 & 33gal.)
Food storage containers
Women’s hygiene products
Men’s tennis shoes (size 10-13)
Men’s flip flops
Men’s & Women’s socks
We ask all that food be in-date and unopened. Gift cards to local grocery stores, WalMart, Target, or Staples are ALWAYS welcomed!!
Registration has begun for the Boot Kickin’ Harvest Hustle 5K for the Shelter on Saturday, October 27
th. This year we will also have a 1K Fun Walk/Run. For details, go to our website, http://www.goodneighborshelter.org
and see the Events page. You can print a registration form from the site and mail it is with your registration fees.
Hope to see you there!!
Filed under: Local happenings, News | Tagged: Bartow County, Cartersville Georgia | Leave a comment »